Well. SalonQP 2011 is only a few days away, and if it's anything like last year, it's going to be a fantastic event. I'm not quite sure what I've done to deserve an invite to the VIP Opening night on Thursday - as you know, I'm just your friendly, neighbourhood #watchnerd - but I'm very grateful to James and all at QP. Last year was a fantastic event - and I managed to get some reasonable photos while meeting some incredible people.
Highlights this year include a number of world and UK firsts, from names that (I'm sure) are bound to impress:
- Roger Smith will showcase the First Anniversary Watch designed with George Daniels after showing its prototype last year at SalonQP 2010. This is bound to be a slightly poignant affair, following the recent passing of Dr Daniels.
- Maîtres du Temps will unveil their Chapter One Round watch designed by Peter Speake-Marin and Christophe Claret. If this is anything like the collaborations involving these two in the past, I think it's likely to be a show-stopper. I don't think there's ever been a watch with a tourbillon and mono-pusher column wheel...
- Vacheron Constantin’s Metiers d’Art will be appearing for the first time in London.
- MB&F’s long-awaited Legacy Machine No. 1 will be shown for the first time at SalonQP 2011.
- Bremont will show the new edition of their B-1 Marine Clock painted by Ronnie Wood.
- Peter Speake-Marin will be launching his latest watch.
- Ressence, one of this year’s most talked-about independents, will be bringing his revolutionary Platform watch. I'm really looking forward to this one - the concept is unique and I hope to get up close and personal with this exciting piece.
- Schofield Watch Company and John Isaac Genève will both be launching their brands in the Independents Gallery of SalonQP
SalonQP is being sponsored by Jaguar and the Telegraph, and have been updating their microsite with some interesting interviews and articles.
It will be held on Thursday 10th November 2011 - Saturday 12th, at the Saatchi Gallery in central London. Tickets are available now and on the door.